2.21.2010

Enough for today

 I put these pieces together when I first started to quilt, a few months ago. I soon got interested in complex techniques, which of course I´ve not yet mastered, and this quilt was kept unfinished, on a shelf, for quite a while. Until today. It´s now complete and that´s it.

I had assigned myself another task for the day but I felt I had had enough of sewing. This way, I stuck to an old shabby mirror the pieces I had for an appliqué.
I decided it deserves to be displayed. At least for a while. 

I was happy to be able to hang it on a wall in my studio. I love recycled stuff.
It goes with the pale green couch beneath and, of course, the lap quilt will go back to the shelf where it belongs. 


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the finish. What a sweet little quilt! I love the flower peice, so bright and cheery. I'm sure it looks lovely hanging on your wall. Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Its so nice to hear from people who visit. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It feels so good to finish a quilt, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is so sweet, and congrats on the finish!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bia,
    Your lap quilt looks like it is coming along beautifully!!
    And I really love your "applique" mirror!! What a great idea!!
    Also, Bia, thank you for your comment on my blog yesterday. So nice!

    ReplyDelete