12.28.2009

Just need it!



As I have said before... it does get chilly in Rio!
Same view, different weather conditions.




I have been living in South Brazil now, where it is cold. Not a snowy country but, relatively to Rio,
it is very very cold.

Take a look! Not just chilly! It is icy cold.




This is a picture taken in a city park in Curitiba, where I have been living.

Yes, we do need bed warmers in this damp and cold place! I´ve bought a few comforters made in China over the years but  I´m not happy with them. I´ll be fulfilled the day I myself put a handmade comforter together. (Ooops! I don´t sound racional, but I guess this is not my strong point anyway! )

Since English is my second language, sometimes I must make sure I´m saying what I mean to say. Decided to check.

Wikipedia teaches those in doubt, like me:

comforter is a type of blanket. Comforters are intended to keep the user warm, especially during sleep, although they can also be used as mattress pads. Comforters are generally large and rectangular in shape, filled with natural or synthetic insulative material and encased in a shell/covering. Like quilts, comforters are generally used with a set of sheets.


 Yes! 
Seems to me there is a difference. 
I want the pretty ones. I need quilts.
  


.... can you help an unexperienced quilter (of good will, though) with any suggestions? Quick + great effect? That sure would be nice! Something I can get done with by April 2010 when it is already cold in here...


Help me pls!




1 comment: