1.16.2011

Mug Rugs

I´ve just loved to sew mug rugs. The perfect size for me to practice  techniques I´ve learned from other bloggers (thanks again and again), like paper piecing and FMQ.  I had not yet tried those until a few weeks ago.

My daughter´s  taken this one for herself

This is my own favourite one so far

This was the first one and  I keep it  beside the computer.

Many others I´ve sewn and are gone. 

Today I´ll try some FMQ on these pieces I´ve got started 
and make something useful out of my practice.

Hope to have a nice day quilting
and wish you the same.

3 comments:

  1. These are a nice size, Bia - not a tiny coaster that a mug could slip off of. I like that you are using exercises in learning techniques to make them! Lovely colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just visited a lot of your blog - Love those mug rugs...I must try some of those too. I so like all the things you are making. We share the same sign of the zodiac...we are both cancerians :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These mug rugs are lovely! I like the happy colors you used.
    I haven't thought about doing mug rugs to practise quilting and FMQ, what a great idea! Thanks

    ReplyDelete